We only have 3 weeks of school left!! Yikes time if just flying by.
Here are a few important dates to remember...
Thursday, May 24 -- 1st Grade MAPS testing
Monday, June 4, 2018 -- Popsicles in the park to celebrate Summer birthdays.
Wednesday, June 6-- 8th grade graduation at Venturacci Gym
Wednesday, June 6 @1:30 -- 1st Grade Drama play.
Thursday June 7 -- Field day and the last day of school.
Last week in first grade we...
- practiced adding commas to the date and to words in a series.
- Practiced capitalizing names, months, titles.
- finished up our personal narrative rough drafts.
- identified why offspring resembles their parents or relatives.
This week we will...
- complete assessments on previous learning.
- write our final drafts of our personal narratives.
- learn about money, banks and consumer and producers.
Last week was the last week of spelling. Also, please make sure your child continues to read for 20 minutes. We may not meet in formal reading groups these last weeks but it is important to keep reading.
Math news from Mrs. Garcia...
The countdown is on! We are officially down to the last 11 days of school. You will be receiving an email from O.A. about Field Day. Field Day will be held at Oasis Academy on the last day of school, June 7th, from 8:00 - 2:00. ALL student are released at 2:00 this day!
Over the next week please have your 1st grader choose an IXL assignment from the 1st grade IXL objectives for math to complete for homework Monday - Thursday. There will be no assigned homework. I will be receiving updates through IXL in order to see who has completed assignments throughout the week. If they choose NOT to complete an assignment each day, they will stay in for study hall.\\